Biological Materials and Data Available
Researchers can apply to the cbcf Tumor Bank for access to biological materials and relevant clinical data. We recommend that as a first step investigators contact our Database Administrator to discuss sample selection and availability. Detailed instructions are available on the application forms. For a list of the samples available in our bank please refer to the List of Biological Materials Available.
- Tissue stored in vapor phase liquid nitrogen (-196°C). Devitalization time and quality assurance information (cellularity, inflammation, etc.) are reported.
- Blood products and tissues embedded in OCT are stored at -80°C.
- Sections from FFPE blocks are available from our Open Source Collection. Paraffin embedded blocks from Clinical Labs may also be accessible.
- Tissue MicroArrays can be prepared.
- Relevant de-identified clinical data can be obtained.
- For some cases, the pathology review of cancer type/origin is not yet complete; for these cases, the cancer type/origin initially provided at during sample collection is used.